New Atlassian Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC)

What are Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs)?

• OnJun 4, 2021, an updated version of the Standard Contractual Clauses (or SCCs) was published by lawmakers in the European Union (EU) and they gave all companies untilSep 27, 2021, to abide by these new regulations.

• The SCCs allow companies providing services to European residents to transfer data from the EU to countries like the US in compliance with GDPR. OnSep 23, 2021Atlassian will be publishing a new version of our Data Processing Addendum that includes these new SCCs for customers to begin signing.

• Note : all existing contracts have until Dec 2022 to move over to these new terms but customers can choose to sign this new DPA at any time after Sep 23, 2021.

• The updated SCCs require Atlassian to:

• Provide more detail to our customers about where, when, and why of how we handle their personal data so our customers can assess risks to their data posed by laws outside of the EU

• This includes our key suppliers (subprocessors) that we pass along personal data in order to provide the products and services we do to customers.

• Commit to greater transparency about the protective measures against government requests Atlassian may receive for a customer’s personal data

• Offer the necessary materials for customers to do a risk assessment, commonly referred to as a data transfer impact assessment (DTIA)

Why are we doing it and why does this matter?

TLDR: To continue to abide by GDPR, customers that do business in the EU must abide by these regulations.

To address all of these requirements, we’ve updated/added the following pages:

AMA with Kelly Gertridge, Atlassian’s Head of Privacy

Kelly is holding a month-long ask-me-anything (AMA) related to the updates to the SCCs and associated practices. Head over to the AMA Announcement for more details and submit any questions you have!!

6 comments

Comment

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

Thank you @Bill Marriott

Stefan Draber August 9, 2022

Hi @Bill Marriott ,

can you please tell me where exactly I can find the new pre-filled and pre-signed SCCs?

In older versions of the DPA, it was annexed within the DPA, but in the newest version[1] it's not.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Stefan

[1] https://www.atlassian.com/legal/data-processing-addendum

Stefan Draber August 23, 2022

Hey @Jodie Vlassis , @pknowlton , @Dawn Carroll ,

could maybe one of you provide me with the new SCCs (please see my question above)?

That would be great, since it's a prerequisite for my company for purchasing Opsgenie licenses.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Stefan

Like Jodie Vlassis likes this
Jodie Vlassis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Stefan Draber 

You can access this via our Trust Center, I have provided the link for you:

https://www.atlassian.com/trust/privacy/latest-updates/international-data-transfers

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out through our support channels.

Jodie

Philippe Baumann March 10, 2023

SCC version for customers in switzerland

Hello Bill

Customers from switerland using products from atlassian need a customized version of SCC. Some more information about switzerland specifics. Do have already a SCC version for switzerland in place?

regards,

Philippe

Philippe Baumann March 10, 2023

Hello Bill, a second question.

As a customer of Jira Premium I would be able to select the data residency. Trello is not listed on the page "Understanding data residency". Is that still correct? If yes, is there a plan to make "select data residency" also available for Trello and if yes: When is this planned?

Thanks twice.

regards,

Philippe

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events