Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s official- FedRAMP Moderate has a new date in cloud.

Hi all,

We know that many of you have been waiting to hear about our plans for FedRAMP and I am happy to share that we’re on pace to have our In Process designation via agency authorization by Q2 2024 and our Moderate Authorization to Operate by Q1 2025. Furthermore, we have expanded the scope of our initial offering to include Jira Service Management Cloud, to enable your teams to collaborate effortlessly across three of our major cloud products.

As we’ve shared in previous posts, our increased investment in recent months has allowed us to accelerate our path to authorization. To date, we’ve:

• Implemented the majority of the FedRAMP Moderate control requirements

• Expanded our original scope to include Jira Service Management as part of our initial offering; and

• Incorporated best-in-class NIST security standards across our platform

Stay supported with Data Center

Server EoS (end of support) is only 5 months away and with FedRAMP coming to cloud at a later date, many of you need an option sooner. Data Center, our self-managed enterprise solution, remains an integral offering and will continue to be the best choice for keeping your teams secure and supported as we continue to work on FedRAMP ATO. Upgrading to Data Center requires only the cost of a new license key, so the switchover can be done in just a few minutes. Don’t risk an unsupported server. Instead, take advantage of all that Data Center has to offer, from native automation to zero-downtime upgrades.

As we work towards authorization, we’ll continue to share updates in this space. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to add them below!

Cheers,

Joe E., Head of Product for Regulated Industries

31 comments

Comment

Tim Garza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2023

Is FedRAMP High on your roadmap?

Like # people like this
David Simpson October 3, 2023

Yea I have to second the FedRAMP High Question here.

Not just that FedRAMP High, But now all CSP's having to update to Rev5 and getting those additional control requirements in place.

Its good to see Atlassian is offering data center version for pennies on the dollar for fedramp customers.

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Mark Thomas October 3, 2023

Who is the sponsoring agency?

I like Marks comment. If we new the agency I guarantee someone in this room knows a CTO or CIO at one of those agencies. :)

Of course this doesn't sound like a sponsor issue.  With the amount of Atlassian products floating inside agencies this sounds like a priority, resource, funding, or FIPS 140-2 issue for data in transit or data at rest with back end systems :)

Like # people like this
Mark Thomas October 3, 2023

@David Simpson 

Its good to see Atlassian is offering data center version for pennies on the dollar for fedramp customers.

What do you mean by this? This hasn't been my experience. Do you have a link to more information?

@Mark ThomasNO :P

Just attempting to state the obvious of what Atlassian should be doing.

You can't be telling or selling a product to a market, especially federal customers and then have a 3-4 year fedramp cycle. I'm sorry for being rude, but I've worked 30 some fedramp engagements as an advisor and at the end of the day all the had issues, but really boiled down to leadership priority. And that comes down always to funding. Funding for US staffed personnel, more engineers, less managers.

At Symantec we had like 3-4 managers or executives for ever 1 engineer in literally was the movie "office Space" back then.

As a FedRAMP advisor I'm literally confronted with telling companies that have to yank everything out of jira and confluence. Years of work, automation, roadmaps you name it we have to scrub each time. Its beyond irritating,

But that statement goes to the greatness of how market considers the Atlassian suite of products. I use to be a hardcore sharepoint guy and I love confluence and Jira.

This is compounded by the fact that Atlassian use to offer "Server" as a low cost SMB consumable product only to be told, HEY lets turn that frown upside down with our $27,000 Data center option. WHAT your company can't afford to spend all that time and money migrating from our cloud to onprem datacenter, or you were paying $100 for server and now we need $27,000?? I can't hear you anymore.

Like # people like this
Joe Elgabalawi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2023

Thank you for your comments! We value transparency and will keep our customers and partners updated on our compliance journey as often as possible.

We're laser-focused on FedRAMP Moderate at the moment but will share our roadmap beyond FedRAMP Moderate as soon as we can.

With regards to the Rev5 updates, we’ve focused on making those updates since they were first made available and are confident in our plan to implement all Rev5 updates.

I hope this addresses your comments. Let's keep this conversation going. We value your input as we work toward better serving the Public Sector.

Zach Deedler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 12, 2023

My company requires non-cloud solutions for JIRA with less than 10 users. Data Center costs push us to move away from JIRA, a product we are very happy with, and have used for many years.

Like # people like this

Hello All, 

Full disclosure here that I am with a Platinum Solution Partner - https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com?pid=a4p0O000000PRzJQAW&lid=a4n0O000000N6CIQA0

Contegix is working with Atlassian to offer a FedRAMP moderate option while they work through their ATO. We also have FedRAMP high and up to DISA IL5. I've linked our partner directory listing above. We'd be happy to talk to anyone about their FedRAMP needs, DC licensing, and overall journey to Cloud. 

Mark Thomas October 17, 2023

@Ned Dickert _Platinum Partner Contegix_ Is the Contegix FEDRamped platform based on Data Center deployed in the cloud, or Atlassian's cloud offering?

Hi @Mark Thomas , 

DC in the cloud, we have a couple ways we can do it and can make plans for a migration to Atlassian Cloud when it's ready. I (rightfully) need to be careful about selling here in the forum so I'll just say reach out and we'll be happy to go over the options available to you now and planning for the future. 

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2023

Hi @Joe Elgabalawi 

The dates on the cloud roadmap - https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/cloud?category=compliance

Seem to indicate Q4' FY 2024 = June to be the availability for FedRamp Moderate

Or did I mis-read the time frame to represent calendar year instead of fiscal year?

Appreciate the clarification.

Thank you

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2023

If Atlassian is forcing customers into Data Center because they are not ready to host them in Cloud, but it also removing our ability to pay for Server until you are ready, then is Atlassian offering FedRAMP customers the Data Center product at Server pricing?

We cannot absorb the cost difference, so our only solution would be to move away from Atlassian. If we do that, then your FedRAMP authorization will be meaningless for us, b/c we will have already invested in finding an alternative product. 

Can anyone shed any light on how Atlassian is living up to their company value of "Don't F&ck the Customer" during the period between server EOL and FedRAMP ATO?

Like # people like this
Mark Saneholtz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 18, 2023

will it be IL2 or IL4? 

Alex Nieves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 20, 2023

At this point with no FedRAMP cloud offering and server going away, I see a lot of talk about the DC version of Atlassian. Does this mean that CSPs can leverage the DC version of Jira, Confluence, etc. to host their FedRAMP data or would we still run into the scenario that David has mentioned where we as a CSP would be told we can't host that data in those locations? 

Like # people like this
Landi February 6, 2024

Is there an update on FedRAMP moderate in terms of when Atlassian will officially start the process and be listed on the FedRAMP marketplace in at least the ready status?  

Like # people like this
Steve Boyle February 9, 2024

Atlassian, you've left 10s of thousands of companies that do work on government contracts in the cold. Having license costs jump from almost nothing to a minimum of $27000 is untenable. You've essentially told all of us to pay up or fuck off. It is very rude on your part, and we will not forget that.

You've given us no viable option but to leave you.  Seriously, check your own values: https://www.atlassian.com/company/values

Like # people like this
Ben Straub
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2024

I am excited to report that we are still on pace as originally outlined above in the Oct 2 post.  Please reach out directly with any additional questions.  I would also like to invite everyone to join us at our Team Tour Government event on March 6 where we will share more detail and you will also have the opportunity to interact directly with Atlassian leadership, customers and partners.  I hope to see you there.

Like # people like this
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Looking forward to meeting you in person @Ben Straub at the Gov Tour event!

Like Ben Straub likes this
Amy Luu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 6, 2024

We're on a wing and a prayer that our On-Prem instance stays alive until JIRA is FedRamp compliant in the cloud.   No way we are going to DC when we have <50 users at this time.

I'm with Steve Boyle & Jeff Tillett on this one...

Like # people like this
Pete Hogan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 27, 2024

When might we see a status in FedRAMP Marketplace?

Like # people like this
Edouard Buschini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

Hello,

@Joe ElgabalawiWe are also extremely interested with some updates regarding the FedRAMP status. With the Revision 5 around the corner, our Atlassian usage is in the critical path. Going data center for a small team like us is out of question. Our deadline is summer 24. Thank you!

Like Amy Luu likes this
Caleb Ransom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 16, 2024

I am a gov contractor with a 7 man team. We are a small shop, we don't have unlimited budget. We were operating fine with Server for years. I am very unhappy with Atlassian having forced me to DTC 25 minimum license (ridiculous). We had an upcoming DIBCAC assessment, so I could not move to cloud. 

My 100$ addon, atlassian is now trying to suddenly charge me 2000$ a year for. (Our outlook yasoon connector)

I feel extorted at this point. 

Reread your own values!

https://www.atlassian.com/company/values

Like # people like this
Bryce April 26, 2024

@Joe Elgabalawi Any current updates on Fedramp status and updated timelines?

Like # people like this
Dimitris Sylligardakis May 7, 2024

@Joe Elgabalawi , @Dave Meyer - Seeing that there are a lot of people in need of an update, would it be possible for the team to provide us with the current situation of the FedRAMP roadmap and next steps? Anything would be better than nothing for the majority of us. Thank you

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events