Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Data Residency in Germany

30 comments

Comment

Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

@Maria Ahvenlampi  and @Andreas Kemper , 

Please see https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-data-residency/ 

For more information on the scope of Data Residency we offer. 

When JSW, Confluence are configured for Data Residency in Germany the data in scope is stored in country as explained in that page. 

Thank you  

Roger Friederich January 16, 2023

Hi @Filiberto Selvas 
the key issue here is User account information data an Customer account data (which includes user data from customers). Are there any plans to change this? I.e. make it possible that this data can be pinned as well?
Thank you!

Like # people like this
Ellen Daleng April 11, 2023

Still also interested in the pinning of user data, having these sent to the US is in violation of European GDPR regulations.  And is breaking deals for us.

Like # people like this
Lukas Angst April 12, 2023

Hello there,
Our company is using jira with bitbucket and confluence.

Will the new data residency also be available for bitbucket?

Best regards, Lukas

Mathias N. April 25, 2023

Quite interesting to see this option. My organisation is pinned to EU (Frankfurt/Dublin) already. Not sure what are the benefits to move the data to Germany only. 

However, I agree that also user data and audit logs should be considered to be pinned. 

@Filiberto Selvas 

There is one more thing - Analytics (Confluence in my case) does not comply with the EU DS-GVO right now.

• tracking data will be send and stored in the US (data isn't pinned as well)
  • tracking functionality can't be deactivated for an organisation
  • users will not sufficiently informed about the tracking
  • users can't revoke the consent, which is actually a right they have to do so

Do you have any insights and updates on this? 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events