cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workspace licenses

Antonio Corradi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2023

Good morning,
I would like to know if it is possible to have members with mixed standard and premium licenses in the same workspace.
Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2023

Hi Antonio! Welcome to Trello community!

Upgrading to a paid plan such as Standard or Premium is applied to a Workspace, not to an individual account. Under your account, you can have multiple Workspaces. Some of them can be free, and some can be paid (Standard or Premium).

If you invite someone to join a board within a paid Workspace, they will gain access to the paid features of that Workspace. This is because the paid features are tied to the Workspace, not the individual account.

You can invite anyone to join your Workspace, regardless of whether they also have their own paid Workspace under their account. The status of their own Workspace does not affect their ability to join yours or access its features.

So, in essence, if you upgrade to a paid plan, you’re upgrading a specific Workspace, not your entire account. Anyone you invite to that Workspace will have access to its premium features, regardless of whether they have their own paid Workspace or not.

You can check more about how billing works here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

Hope that helps clarify your question. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events