Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between a board and a team. e.g. are teams in boards or boards in teams pleas

Janet Alkema November 1, 2018

I am trying to set up Trello to track various projects with different clients. Do I set the client up as a Team and then add boards for the different projects for that client. Or do I set up a board for that client and boards within the main board for each project. At the moment I don't need to share with anyone but like the idea of having all my clients' activities easy to see and track instead of in different notebooks. Thank you for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2018

@Janet Alkema Boards are collected in teams however a better option would be to have a single team and upgrade to Business Class which would then allow you to group your boards into collections.

You only pay license fees for team members so you can still invite your clients to their own project boards without paying for them.

Janet Alkema November 1, 2018

Thank you, Iain, that's very helpful.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events