Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user getting all notifications from entire Trello board, but not setup to watch entire board,

Sarah Vande Velde April 22, 2019

I have a team board and one of the member is getting all of the notifications for that particular board. He is not setup to "watch" the entire board only certain cards.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

@Sarah Vande Velde this will be difficult to demonstrate. The best way to demonstrate this for the purposes of reporting an issue to support would be to jump on a free video conference (such as Skype or appear.in) with your team member, then get them to share their screen. Position the video so you have your browser and their screen showing simultaneously, then use a screencast software such as useloom.com to record your screen.

Demonstrate that you can trigger a notification in their account they they should not be receiving, for example get them to show in their screen that they are not watching the board, not watching a list, watching only certain cards, etc. and then add a comment that doesn't mention them to a card they are not watching and show that they see a notification for that.

Sorry :(

Hello-

Well, I did a screen share with him this morning and tested as you outlined and he received the notifications.  We've gone through all of the settings that we can and I've compared his setup to others that are on the board and they are the same.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Sarah

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

@Sarah Vande Velde okay so I would recommend doing exactly the same test, but record it and send it to support@trello.com

Will do!  Thanks!

0 votes
robert fielding April 22, 2019

No answer I'm afraid but I am getting this too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events