Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to leave public (Trello) board

Wolfgang Sprick March 6, 2019

See https://trello.com/b/v0hXe4kb.

Normally it should be possible to leave the board using reight hand side menu, "...", "Leave board ...".

But it does not show this option for this board. Any idea?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

@Wolfgang Sprick you don't appear to be a member of that board, which is probably why you can't leave it! You can only see it because it's public.

Kim Cramer October 13, 2019

yes but how do you remove this board from your list of boards? I have this as well

wolfieman April 3, 2020

I have the same problem with:

https://trello.com/b/lqbq0tyM

0 votes
Artur Maklyarevsky May 20, 2021

i still get notices from public boards. please make it stop for the love of god.

thanks

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

@Artur Maklyarevsky the only reason you're getting notifications is because you're watching boards, lists or cards. When you comment on a card, Trello has a little checkbox to watch the card which is checked by default. If you uncheck it once anywhere, it will no longer be checked anywhere by default, so probably you commented on some cards on the public board and now you're watching them. All you need to do is go in an unwatch the cards when you receive notifications on them.

Artur Maklyarevsky May 21, 2021

lian thanks for the quick reply. 

here is the thing.. i took a deep look and found that im not watching any boards, lists or cards. 

what trello’s UX team should simply add is an option to STOP ALL NOTIFICATIONs. most of the app world does this. this just feels like a nasty dark pattern or bug at this point. 

cheers

0 votes
pekalicious July 17, 2020

Apparently you can remove boards from your Recent Boards list (under the Boards dropdown menu), but not from the Boards page:

YeweXcinAI.png

Click the X to remove it and refresh. The board should not longer be in the Recently Viewed list.

Sean Tabares October 8, 2020

I've done this, and it does remove the board from my list, but I keep getting notifications for it, and I don't want them. I also don't want to turn off notifications entirely.

cjdennis July 1, 2022

I don't get an X to remove an unwanted board in the recent list. However, I've discovered that it's set with a cookie in my browser as the unwanted board doesn't show up anywhere else or in incognito mode. I haven't found the right cookie yet. Apparently it's not under "trello". It could also be browser storage and not a cookie.

cjdennis July 1, 2022

OK, so after much digging I found it! It's in local storage. Go to developer tools > Application > Storage > Local Storage > https://trello.com > recentBoardsState-[string-of-hex-digits]. The list of ids shown is in display order. You can right-click on the value and (carefully!) edit it.

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Wolfgang Sprick I have not seen that before. Do you know who the admin is for the board? If so, can you ask that they remove you manually?

Thanks,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events