Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two trello accounts on one email address

Madalena Meinecke July 4, 2020

I use Trello with my googlemail linked to an Atlassian account. My email address / atlassian account seems to be linked to 2 trello accounts, one with my initial user name and one with my user name and an additionally "1". I now cannot log in in my account with my initial user name, where I have all my boards. How can I "de-link" the second account from my googlemail / atlassian account? I cannot access my boards. 

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2020

@Madalena Meinecke Yep this happened to me too. What had happened is that I changed my Gmail address within the same account in G-Suite and Trello created a new, non-Atlassian account for the old account.

If you go to id.atlassian.com and login with Google, then go to trello.com (or click on Trello from within the Atlassian dashboard) you should see your correct account.

If you open up a new incognito window and go to trello.com and login using your Google account, you should see the incorrect Trello account, if you go to your settings you'll see that it's got the "update to Atlassian" message, and the link to delete your account. If you send the account deletion email, just be super duper double sure that the username shown in the email is the "wrong" one (ie. username1 rather than username) and then copy the link from the email and paste it into the *incognito* window where you're logged into the incorrect account and then you'll have one last chance to double check you're deleting the "wrong" newly created Trello account.

Madalena Meinecke July 5, 2020

Thanks @Iain Dooley for your quick and smart reply. I'll follow your suggestion. I also figured out that my initial account is linked to my address@googlemail.com and the second with username1 is linked to @gmail.com. Which is weird cause normally it doesn't matter if I use spell gmail oder googlemail, it always leads me to the same account. But well, I'm very happy to have access to my boards again and will make sure to delete the correct one. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events