trello for ubuntu

When do you plan to publish trello for  ubuntu/linux desktop? It would be amazing.  Thank you

1 answer

0 votes

There are no immediate plans for this, but we are tracking interest in this.

How can Atlassian hope to provide good dev experience with its platforms without Trello for Ubuntu?

If there are no immediate plans for this, we ought to add it to the top of the list and make it happen ASAP! 

If developers are constantly swamped with requests, then they have a serious and urgent need for software to help solve this information overload problem. I for one use Trello but I refuse to settle for the Windows development process because, simply put, Ubuntu is much better. 

If OPENNESS is the number one value at Atlassian, what is the justification to make one of your best products only on the 2 CLOSED operating systems?

We need Trello for Ubuntu to happen and we need it to get done ASAP. 

Thanks in advance for your swift, efficient resolution of this critical issue,

Bion at Bit Pharmaopenness___.png

Just to be clear - Trello is a service which you connect to.  Trello itself works fine with a range of browsers, most of which are available for Ubuntu.

The complaint here is about a Trello desktop application for Ubuntu.  Linux remains a niche desktop operating system, albeit one that is quietly creeping up, but it already enables users to use Trello via a browser.  And the other methods Trello has.  It's just that Atlassian have no client for it yet.

Personally, I would not want a Trello client for Ubuntu.  I'd want Trello for Linux (which, frankly, is not a huge divergence from Trello for Mac), as I don't use Ubuntu at all.

Same as Sourcetree for Linux... (although I went off that a while ago)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 18, 2018 in Trello

How two Biomed teachers use Trello to execute on Project Lead The Way

This is the first of many Showcases highlighting incredible Atlassian users in Education! And Michael Burke and Josh Clemmer are setting the Showcase bar high. The pair of Biome...

47,397 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you