Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Trello app is asking for a safari update on my Mac M1 silicone

Roger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 24, 2023

i am getting this message when i try to use the app:

This version of Safari is not supported. Please upgrade to a supported version.  

I have a   Macbook M1 silicone.

i click on the link and it takes me to a supportappple.com page that has update from 2014 and 2015 it doesn't look or feel right, my mac is only 1 year old, so why would it need an update from 2014???

please advise how to sort this, or i will need to request a refund please.

thank you 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2023

The Trello app relies on some libraries that are part of Safari rather than part of the OS.  Mostly related to web-browsing, they say Safari on the message because it is no longer necessary to upgrade them unless you use Safari and want the latest version.

The reference to old software is a hangover from the time where you had to upgrade the libraries as part of an OS upgrade.  Ideally, Atlassian should change the messages so that they do not point to old documentation, they should just say "your Safari libraries are too old, please install the latest ones"

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2023

Hi @Roger 

Welcome to the Community!

I'd still consider updating Safari (it doesn't have to be from that page), if there's an update available. Otherwise, can you try...

• With a different browser to see what happens?
  • Private/Incognito mode
  • Clearing your cache

Or if you still can't access Trello, I'd contact support: https://trello.com/contact

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events