sort lists alphabetically in Trello

Jialing Xie August 23, 2021

how can i sort list alphabetically in a Trello board? only saw options to sort cards OR creating butler but the sorting still only applies to a card level not a list level. thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Jialing Xie ! I just stumbled across a board button that might do what you want. I didn't realize this was an option sorry! 

Screenshot_20210831-084910_Chrome.jpg

Jialing Xie August 30, 2021

amazing! it worked! thank you for your attention to details & sharing! so so helpful! @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Great! 🎉 Glad that works for you 😃

Ilan Keren-Zur November 20, 2022

I also thank you  but how can I sort all the tasks that are in the list, for all the lists?

Ilan Keren-Zur November 20, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows  What you described is sorting the lists in the board, not the tasks inside the list.
Is it possible to sort the tasks inside the list, for all the lists of the boards, without sorting the lists? 
Building an automation for each list is possible, frustrating but possible because I need to build it for each list separately and if I change a list name or add another list, it stop working.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Are you wanting the actual full lists to sort alphabetically from left to right? You're able to sort the cards within a list, but I'm not sure about automatically sorting the way lists are displayed on a board. As far as I know, the only way is to manually click and drag the lists around your board to order it the way you want.

Jialing Xie August 24, 2021

yes, you are correct, i would like to sort all lists by alphabetic order. sounds like this is not immediately available? i found this feature useful especially when i have an array of lists on the board needing to be sorted. when do you think this feature could possibly go live? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

No, it's not currently available as far as I know. This forum is mostly made up of members who don't work for Atlassian/Trello; it's a community forum where anyone can answer questions, so you'll need to follow this guide here to submit your request: https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events