Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeating tasks

LUCY TUNLEY October 14, 2023

Hello 

When I have a trello card on repeat, will it only pop up on the day ? 
Or can i have it so that they are there a  few days in advance?
so for example we have a board with 5 columns in for mon- fri, can I have the tiles automatically repeat in each column a week to veiw?

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2023

@LUCY TUNLEY welcome to the community! Yes you can! To do this, I'd use Trello's Automation instead of the Card Repeater Power-Up. 

In the Automation section, click the Scheduled section (on the left sidebar) and you can choose a trigger (sounds like you'd want "every Sunday") and then you can add an action for "create a card in a list", and you can just do that action for each card you want to make in each list, then every Sunday it will make those cards!

LUCY TUNLEY November 1, 2023

thankyou Brittany - please can you explain why you would use this over against the power up.  I love the ease of the repeater power up.

Also we are finding sometimes the repeater power up wont save see picture attached Screenshot 2023-11-01 145905 trello.jpg

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2023

@LUCY TUNLEY i prefer the automation because

1) i keep seeing people reporting bugs with the power-up like this, and i don't know how to get around them, but i don't typically see these issues when using automation; and

2) because i often would get lost with the power-up on what was the original card and how to edit or cancel the repeating without constantly repeating cards or accidentally duplicating the repeating (i think they may have made some UI improvements to fix this, but i am so used to the automation at this point that it just is easier for me)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events