Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to Sync to Trello Server" Error Message

Mckaylah Wade November 16, 2020

Over the last few days I've been getting a "Changes not saved; failed to sync to the Trello server" error message.

I updated my Account to Atlassian per Trello's request and have been having issues connecting ever since. I have disabled extensions, cleared my caches and restarted my computer many times without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hey @Julien S. @Colleen Mosley,

We're looking into this issue right now and trying to figure this out. Somehow this issue was resolved for Mckaylah, but we're not really sure how, and not yet sure what's causing it. I'm digging into this today and will update this thread once we figure it out.

Thanks for the patience, and sorry you're facing this issue!

Felix

Colleen Mosley November 17, 2020

Mine actually magically solved itself as well. I had opened Trello on my personal computer and didn't have any issues, so I edited a few cards as a test. Then when I went back to work computer, everything seemed find. Can't say that these two things are related, but I am no longer having the issue.

Like Felix likes this
Julien S. November 17, 2020

Hey Felix, Here's the errors i can give you to see, if that can help. I've had a look with
screenshot trello.pngI've had a look at it with the dev team, seems that they don't know yet if it's a proxy/firewall issue.
Free to answer your questions, 
thanks a lot,

Julien

katie_flores November 18, 2020

I am also having this same exact issue (along with a couple teammates) and we have no idea how to resolve.  Has there been any further updates?

Lauren Bernstein December 1, 2020

Also having this same problem! Is there a way to fix it?

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2020

@Lauren Bernstein we think we've resolved this issue, and it should no longer be happening. Are you getting the exact same message? ("Change not saved: failed to sync with the Trello server.")

If so, please reach out to support so we can diagnose this issue with you.

From what I can tell based on Trello's logs, the variation of this problem that was reported mid-November is no longer occurring.

Thanks,

Felix

0 votes
Colleen Mosley November 17, 2020

I just started having this same problem this morning on my work computer. I did also do an update this morning (not sure exactly what, just whatever it prompted me to do), so that could be a factor, but I've tried everything I know to do, and still have the same error in the picture posted above. 

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2020

Firefox? or Chrome? 

Also, we had an outage today so any experience you had today would have been because of that.

It's unlikely to be related to the Atlassian account.

I have been using Chrome!

Sadly, I've been having this issue before the outage occurred today and I am still having it after.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2020

Can you pop open an incognito window and use that for awhile and see if the problem persists?

Hmm, it still does not seem to be able to connect even in an incognito window? I did submit a service request as well to hopefully help resolve the issue.Trello Issue.PNG

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2020

Do you have Power-Ups turned on for this board and which ones? 

Does this persist if you are looking at a board *WITHOUT* those Power-Ups turned on?

The only power-up I had enabled is "Calendar". If I disable it - it still says "cannot connect to server"

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2020

And if you create a new board, same result? (all in incognito window)

Yes, same result.

Like 50bpmimotomec likes this
Julien S. November 17, 2020

Hello Mckaylah,

Hello Michael,

I have the same issue, and it's been a week now. I have the exact same caracteristics than mckaylah. I can log into the apps, on a android phone and an android tablet, and trello computer sees the changes i made from tablets instantanely. But I can't modify anything from my computer, either on Chrome or Firefox. Any idea ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events