Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open tab and editing by multiple users

Martin Štefánik November 2, 2022

Hi, please I need some advice.

If I have open one tab (card) and I am editing this card, another users is still able to open and editing the same tab (card).

If someone safe his edit first just like me, I lost my work. Is there any settings for block open cards, which are opened by another user?

Thank you for your advice.

2 answers

0 votes
ZiKE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Hi,

I found this a real problem, we treat is as a bug.
We have Trello on multiple computers. Using touchscreen easily provides card editing. Many times, our older workers, while checking things to be done, put this card in edit mode. Then if someone else edits this card, writes thousands characters, saves his work and few minutes later card on touchscreen is closed. All work has gone. It happend so many times during last three months that we had to quit Trello. It is easier to find another software then teach old guys mysteries of seqence.

So, it is not true what Rafael said, that Trello is collaborative tool. It is not, because collaboration is impossible. Safe work is guaranteed only if just one person operates it.

Bye!

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

Hi ZiKE, when you're editing a card's description, if another user has the same card opened under their device, they will see an icon of the profile picture of the user who's editing it to inform you that the description of that card will probably be updated soon.

At its core, Trello is, in fact, a collaborative tool, and sure, there can be times when users are working on the same card at the same moment, but we're always working on improving Trello to make sure these errors don't happen, so we appreciate the feedback.

0 votes
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2022

Hi Martin, welcome to the community! Since Trello is designed to be a collaborative tool, we don't have any options to "lock" a card when someone is already working on them at the moment. We appreciate the feedback, and I'm definitely going to pass this on to our team for consideration.

Martin Štefánik November 4, 2022

Hi Rafael, thank you for your reply. It will be really helpful. Any chance of telling, when it will be done?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events