Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one rule one column

Евгений Музыченко December 16, 2021

Hello

I am a new user, free acc and use trello for personal activities mainly for having notifications for repeated action such as "clean your desk" and in a long term to go to list such as "doctor in a 3 month, bring docs with me". I ve read a lot of text about butler, successfully created few rules, but...

I created different columns such as "pay bills" containing 1 card with due date on 1st of the month. and I want butler to archive or do smth else with the card and create a new card same column same cardname with new due date in a month. Other column let say "replace air filters". Same conditions but new due date will be on 15th in a six month etc.

Can I link one rule not to board itself, but to the column on the board? Cause I didnt find any info about it.

My rules are now divided in this way - for every to do thing column I created a done thing column, and the trigger is "when card is moved into done thing column create new card in to do column with..." It is working, but columns are doubled.

If I could link the rule to the column there will be only one done column on each board, and rules will do fewer actions, and trigger can be changed to "when due date marked as done". Also I can follow "one task-one board-one column" logic but there will be tooooo many boards and workplaces. Now I have 3 with about 15-20 doubled columns each and they fulfill their duty completely.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

@Евгений Музыченко 

Typically you can set a list criteria from within the trigger just like you would for  filter to apply the rule to a card with a red label. You add the additional criteria to in xxx list to it. 

Евгений Музыченко December 17, 2021

You mean I can add a color to each column and link trigger to it? "when a card with red label moved into done list do this" and another "when a card with yellow label moved into done list do that"

I think it will work with one done column with such triggers. Question is are there enough colors for ten columns, I dont remember) But at least it will shorten numbers of columns.

Thanks

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

@Евгений Музыченко 

I am saying that scope for which the rule applies is based on the criteria you set : for example all card with green label in xx list, then that rule will not apply to any card that is not on xx list even when it has a green label. So in that way you have a rule that is for xx list only. 

Евгений Музыченко December 17, 2021

I understand this logic from the start. I cant find no combination of triggers to make it work.

The simplest trigger for me is "when due date marked as complete", cause I can do it directly from my phone notification without entering the app. But I cant link this trigger to column. And when I create a 2nd rule with same trigger for another column it triggers to any date completion in any column. Thats the problem) 

And i have looked - I cant trigger rule moving card with label, label can trigger the rule only by adding or removing.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2021

@Евгений Музыченко 

So when you further qualify the card by adding "in list Reference" the rule will apply for to any card on "Reference" list when they are marked "complete".

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 4.11.33 PM.jpg

Евгений Музыченко December 18, 2021

Thanks a lot. Now it works as I wanted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events