notifications on desktop

Foeke February 7, 2023

I would like to have visibility of my notifications on my desktop. I know pop-ups are possible, but in case you missed them, you do not know that you had a notification without going to your inbox or Trello itself. Therefore, I am looking for a small notification on the toolbar like we have in outlook or teams when a new message/email is received.

looking forward to your comments if this exists.

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Foeke , thanks for writing to us!

Right now we don't have a notification that will last on your desktop as you would prefer, at least not on the browser version. I would suggest trying to use our App instead.

On the App, notifications will still appear on your desktop after they've happened. It will look like this when you had a notification that you've not yet seen:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11.32.10 AM.png

Foeke February 10, 2023

Hi @Rafael Dill ,

thanks a lot for feedback. Unfortunately my company (Cargill) doesn't allow your app on my laptop, otherwise it would have been a good solution indeed.

regards, Foeke

Like Rafael Dill likes this
Cody Kiker March 28, 2023

@Rafael Dill - I just installed the Windows desktop app specifically for this reason (I keep missing notifications).  However, I just had my employee @reply to one of my messages and I got the popup notification, but no red dot on the app icon.  Do you know why that might be?  Thanks!

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Hi Cody!

That's standard behavior because if you saw the notification, that won't appear on the red dot. Be sure to check all the info here - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/receiving-trello-notifications/

Cody Kiker April 3, 2023

Thank you for your response!  So then would I be able to diable the pop-ups in order to get the red dot?

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2023

No problem, I was looking at the notifications here using the Mac OS App, and on my end every time I tag someone on a comment or include another user in the card, it shows the notification pop-up and the red dot as well.

If you are still not seeing them, please reach us here - https://trello.com/contact#/ with the detail of your issue!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events