Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting notifications of cards which are due on iphone

Focet July 10, 2017

Hey guys - i've setup a due date / time on a card, and i'm not getting any notifications on my phone, due date goes by, and i don't see anything on my phone. I checked my notification settings, and everything is turned on - see screen shot. 

I've also subscribed to the board, to get notofications.

Is there something else i need to do?

Need help. Thank you all!

IMG_5578.pngIMG_5579.png

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Hey Larry!

Looks like you have all of your settings for the app enabled correctly to receive notifications.  

For your example, when was the card created and for what due date and time?

Due date notifications are triggered only 24 hours before the due date/time.  So if you created the card on 7/10 at 12a, or 10am with a due date of 7/10 at 12:00pm, you won't recieve a notification. 

If you created the card on 7/9 at 9:00am with a due date of 7/10 at 10:00am, a notification then should be triggered.

Focet July 10, 2017

Gotcha! Thank you Matthew! I'll try that, and see if i get a notification. I'll let you know.

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

By the way- is that iOS 11?  Looks like a few more options in the notification settings than I have in iOS 10! 

Focet July 10, 2017

Good catch! It is iOS 11 Beta.

And good news! I did receive a notification for a card, need to set them at least 24 hours ahead. Wish there were more options to get notified. 

Is there a way to get the notification at the time the card is due or is it only 24 hours before?

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

Awesome, I will likely wait until iOS 11 is released to the public.. I didn't have much luck when I had iOS 10 beta, so it turned me off a bit.

Anywho, there's not a way to change the settings for notificaions to be anything different than 24 hours in advance.

Perhaps you would want to link your due dates to an external calendar (like Google Calendar)? That way, it'll be on your personal calendar, and you can change the notificaitions within the external calendar to be whatever you'd like.  I'd recommend using Cronofy for Trello to link your board to your calendar.

Focet July 10, 2017

Got it! Thank you again! And I've contected my cal to Trello with Cronofy, looks pretty cool! Thank you for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events