In order to receive notifications for certain actions on a card, you will need to be watching the card, list or board that the card is on or you have to be a member of the card in question.
In order to test this, please try the following steps:
1. Go to https://trello.com/your/account and make sure your email notifications are sent to "instantly."
2. Create a new Trello board.
3. Create a new card called "test card"
4. Add yourself as a member to "test card" or start to watch that card by clicking on the "Watch" button when the card is open.
5. Invite another user to the Trello board.
6. Close Trello.
7. Ask the other user to make a comment on Test card.
You should see an email notification about that comment within 15 minutes of it being made. Once you receive the email notification, you can check in Trello itself and should see an in-app notification about the comment, as well.
If you don't see that behavior, please provide the following info so that we can continue to troubleshoot:
1. A screenshot of the card in question.
2. A screenshot of the top of your notifications page (click the bell icon in the top right to display this page)
Once we have that, we'd be happy to take a closer look.
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events