Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving cards rules

Patrícia Šablicová January 12, 2023

Hello. 

I am looking for specific function for  making rules. I need to make a rule like this:

When card with a name starting with "1.1." from doing list is moved to a done list, different card from waiting list with a name starting "1.2." will move to to do list and send an email notification to member XXX

Is there any possibility to achieve something like this? I really miss this function. All what I found was just making a new card after moving "1.1" to done list, but that is not exactly what we  need.

Thanks for any advice

1 answer

0 votes
Jared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2023

Hi Patrícia,

If you look in the "Cascade" tab of the actions in the automation dashboard, you should see an action for "find a card titled [title]". If you add that, the actions after that will apply to the card found. So your rule should end up looking something like "when a card with a name starting with '1.1' from list 'doing list' is moved to 'done list', find a card titled '1.2.', and move it to list 'list'"

More info on using find/lookup in rules can be found here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/finding-or-looking-up-cards-butler-advanced-topic/

Patrícia Šablicová January 16, 2023

Thank you so much, I will try that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events