cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS big sur Trello desktop app - links open in a trello window

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hey all, 

Been experiencing this for the past week or so and it's rather irritating. 

If I have a card with a link either as text in the description or as an attachment. When I click the link, it opens in a Trello style window rather than my default browser.

Is this a macOS bug or a Trello bug? Is there any solution or workaround apart from 'use your browser to use trello?'

Cheers

James

1 answer

0 votes
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Hi James! Hm, that doesn't sound like expected behavior. I had the same problem a few months ago on an older desktop version and reinstalling the desktop app fixed things for me. Do you still see the same problem when you reinstall the app? 

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Keli ,

Thanks for confirming its not the expected behaviour. I did a reinstall and get the same behaviour. 

See screenshot.

James

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.28.16.png

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021

Hi @Keli 

I have had a moment of inspiration. I think this behaviour only occurs with links to any pages within atlassian.com or subdomains, e.g. community.atlassian.com, marketplace.atlassian.com

Are atlassian.com links being managed differently because that's how the trello app manages log-ins and other windows?

Cheers

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events