Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link a card to a checklist

Luca Del Bianco May 14, 2022

Is it possible to link a card to a item in a checklist so when I move the card to the list "done" yhe item linked become checked?

it is a fundamental functionality but I do not find it among the most immediate..

thanks for the help!!

Luca

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2022

Hi @Luca Del Bianco ! You can find more information on how to achieve this via https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies

when a card is moved to list "Completed" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2022

@Luca Del Bianco 

Yes, you can. Once the item is a cardlink, you can use the item name to find the card and move it. All actions are standard in Trello Automation. In you case you want the trigger is "when item is checked"

Sorry..I don't understand... the order of actions is at first time complete the card or move to "done" then the cardlink become checked and not the other way around!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2022

@Luca Del Bianco 

If you have a cardlink back to the. Card with the checklist item, then you use the cardlink to check off the item assuming the item name is the cardlink. 

thanks for the answer .. unfortunately I cannot understand .. I have made several attempts but in the checklist there are no automatic ticks ..

Luca Del Bianco May 21, 2022

I've almost soved this question thanks to this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaZ3tso914

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2022

👍👏

Like Luca Del Bianco likes this

I was unable to create a direct interaction between the checklist and the cards. Maybe I don't fin the pattern/variable right. I have created two rules. One that creates linked cards when you add items on the checklist in a list "ideas".

Like Ness Tillson likes this

then, following the tutorial, when you move a linked card to the list "to do" the second rule add an item to another checklist "work progress". When you move a card to the list "done" the checklist "work progress" check the item linked. I use the labels to replace the same rule to different checklist. The checklist "idea" is in the same card of "workprogress" so you can check manually "idea's checklist" whatching "workprogress".

I'm sure that is there a better way to do this but it works very well..thanks for your help milynnus!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events