Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping my clients info separate

Daniel Paulino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2022

I created a board and sent it to my clients, 

I thought it was going to be separate but everyone sees everyone elses work.

how can I keep things Seperate ?

3 answers

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2022

Hello @Daniel Paulino,

Trello is either all or none when it comes to collaboration on a board. Whoever you add to one board sees everything there. Hipporello Apps builds Trello power-ups for specific business needs and in each you get to choose who sees what on your board and on the web portal. 

One of the Power-ups that can offer a quick solution is the Trello Card Sharing Power-up. It allows you to choose cards or parts of cards and publish them on a web portal, which is accessible only to the email address you enter for each.

This allows you to have one board where you keep all clients' work for yourself, but share relevant cards with relevant clients.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Cigdem

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

@Daniel Paulino welcome to the community! I see this question a lot, and Trello is typically built to be a collaborative tool so it's geared towards making anyone in a board able to see everything in that board. That being said, I know a lot of folks who use it as a client portal successfully.

Just depends how much you want to build vs manually update. You could have one board that has all your cards in it, and a separate board for each client. If you want to automate it, then you can set up various rules in Trello automation, or with Unito that would duplicate a card and keep them in sync, so that you have a board that has all of your clients cards and info, but each client has a board with only their content. 

You might also be interested in the External Share Power-Up that lets you select what people can see and put it behind a password, but I believe you'd need to also configure this for each client and each card and set separate passwords, otherwise everyone could just use the same password to see other cards.

0 votes
ginger.mudd@flinders.edu.au November 14, 2022

This is a fairly recent article about how "privacy" works in Trello.

https://blog.trello.com/how-to-transform-trello-workflow-privacy-settings 

To some extent, it depends on what sort of plan you have (free, premium, enterprise).

Ultimately, I think the answer is a different and private board for each client. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events