Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to create a trello card from a selected facebook profile?

flourishnaturebasedot August 12, 2023

I want to choose a facebook profile and create a new card

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2023

You could connect FB and Trello using 3rd party software like Zapier, Make.com, Integrately etc...

https://www.make.com/en/integrations/facebook-pages/trello 

flourishnaturebasedot August 14, 2023

thanks- I've looked at a few automations but I can't work out if its possible for me to select and individual facebook profile and choose to create a card. I want to create cards from profiles when people comment orI engage them in messenger chat. Can you recommend automations that enable me to select a profile and choose to create a card? Thanks!

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2023

Its a bit convoluted and I'm no expert with the FB API's.  It looks like you will have to look the different Facebook variants to find the right trigger.  For example, for messenger you can have something like this:

Screenshot 2023-08-14 152008.png

Or look out for comments on a FB page...
Screenshot 2023-08-14 152320.png

Thanks so much - what are those connections from? is that directly in facebook somehow? Maybe I need to rethink it even if there's an automation that creates cards for all comments or all chats and then I review them (but I think that will be too much). I would need to add comments/chats to existing cards if people are already identified in a card on the board.

Oh is that Make?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

Yes, that is Make.  

I have used the Facebook API to create Whatsapp connections to Trello and the Facebook developer portal in my opinion is unnecessarily complicated but there are lots of resources online of how to do it.

You could do a complex scenario in Make (other automation software is available 😃), like:

Facebook comment > get comment info > get Trello board info > compare FB user to Trello cardname array > if unique > create Trello card

Or simply you could set Make (or other) so that it creates a card on Trello for every comment and use this little Trello automation hack to ensure no duplicates:

"When a card is added to the board, lookup a card named "{triggercarname} and archive the card"

This will archive any new cards created with the same name as one that already exists on the board...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events