Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a location option for PC view

Sholom Mendelson April 29, 2019

I see map view on a board where I already put locations in on the mobile App.

I primarily use Trello for Delivery related tasks, and I use pretty much only the PC version.

Is there a way to input location on PC and do Map view so i can quickly choose a card based on its relative location

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

@Sholom Mendelson interesting challenge. I don't think there's anything that will give you "next nearest location" built in, but here's what it would look like in Trellinator:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/147c8894b9423dcd3cd21e3039fd347f

Obviously the function to get the distances between 2 addresses would need to be implemented, and I'm assuming the address is stored in a single custom field value (but could also be lat/long in a shared location attached as a link to the card for example).

The operation would be that you mark the due date complete on your current delivery, then it would find the next nearest card by driving distance and post a comment on the card you just completed linking to the next card. You could then automatically attach a map link to that card based on address that would open your mapping application from the current address to the next address for example.

You can see more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Sholom Mendelson April 30, 2019

that is quite advanced, thanks.

All i need really is the ability to put in the location on cards and see a map view of the board - ON PC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events