information about backup trello boards

Safir Gol Aria May 25, 2022

Hi there,

I have some questions about backing up in trello:

1.  My company located in Iran, all the member upload various data s like text, image, pdf, word and excel files, in trello, so is boycotting our country would be effected on using this app?

2. Can we pay and use backup options?

3. trello's back upping includes what? I mean do all images and files will be back upped and restored?

4. haw can we use backup to return info if we lost them?

regards

SafirGol ARIA

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Safir Gol Aria ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community!

1. I'm not sure I quite understand the first question but I know at present there should be no effects to using Trello. 

2. The best backup option is the Power Up 'Backups for Trello' - It allows you to protect your boards for $1/board/month with a minimum charge of $5/month. The backup covers:

• Boards
  • Lists
  • Cards
  • Checklists
  • Custom Fields
  • Labels
  • Attachments

3. Trello's option of backing up is very manual and can have some dependency on the subscription tier your Workspace is on. Basically, Any board member can export a Trello board's contents at any time by going to the board menu, and then clicking on More, followed by Print and Export. The board's data will be exported to a JSON file.

1 - trello backup export options

Export to JSON file is available for all Trello users. However, export to a more accessible CSV file is limited only to Trello Premium. 

4. I would recommend using Backups for Trello as it'll make returning content straight forwards for you and your team. The Power Up runs daily automated backups and protects you against innocent mistakes, buggy Power-Ups, and attacks. Swiftly restore your entire board back to a time when everything worked perfectly.

Easily restore your Trello boards

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

If you are looking for a simple to use backup option you may want to look at the Amazing Fields powerup.  It can automatically create board backups on your schedule and it keeps them in your board administrator account for easy access.

see: https://docs.amazingpowerups.com/article/29-how-to-backup-trello-boards-with-amazing-fields 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events