• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

iOS notifications won’t go away!

I’m using the Trello app on iOS and keep checking and marking notifications as read when they come in. However, the little “1” in a red circle WILL NOT go away from the Trello app on my home screen. I’ve tried clearing notifs multiple times, going into every single card to make sure I’m not missing something, logging out and back in, deleting and reinstalling the app. I just can’t get it to go away. Does anyone know what to do?

10 answers

I have exactly the same problem! Looking forward to seeing an answer. 

Only thing that worked for me was going to account > logout.  Then logged back in.  Persistent notifications disappeared.  Didn’t have to uninstall or mess with cache or notification settings.

This worked for me.

✅SOLUTION

FINALLY! Thanks so much. This works.

1 vote
Andyogw I'm New Here Sep 12, 2020

Similar to Andrew and Sophie, I have a badge notification that shows '2' despite having to have viewed all notifications. Though the issue if small, I hope there will be a solution for it soon! :)

Please please fix this. The idea of a simple “1” on a screen seems like a small problem, but when notifications have been proven to create strong emotional responses in people, it’s a big, big problem. Not small.

Please fix it or post a solution that works!

Agree! It defeats the purpose of notifications. 

The above did not work for me. If I turn off badges or turn off all notifications it does go away but there are no notifications in my notification window so I’m not sure where the “1” badge is even coming from. Does anything else in Trello generate those number badges?

Hi @Sophie Brodie ,

Welcome to the community!

I think there might be a problem with your device. You can try with a pc/mac browser to check if you are missing any notification or not.

You can also ask trello support here

This is not a device problem, this is a Trello problem. I’ve checked the desktop app.

0 votes
Torben Atlassian Team Aug 17, 2020

Hi Sophie,

we are currently investigating that issue on our end. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Is there any resolution? I have same problem on iOS device. Number 1 that will not go away 

0 votes

I had the same problem and cleared it by going into the main iOS settings > notifications and turned off all notifications for trello.  I then deleted and reinstalled trello on my iOS device and turned settings back on. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Andyogw I'm New Here Sep 17, 2020

This works!! Thanks Stuart

Did NOT work for me.

Like Joshua Foxton likes this

Did not work for me either. Even added in a full reboot of the phone after deleting the app and before re-installing. No joy

Like Ransey Joiner likes this

No one has an answer yet and Atlassian hasn’t patched it. But I have a long term solution that will 100% work.

Companies tend to respond when people make noise/express publicly that their product isn’t right. And notifications—a basic feature—don’t work, which is super annoying (that’s why we’re all here!).

So copy this page’s URL. Get on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook and @ them (Atlassian). Tell them the problem and emphasize that we need a fix! Tell them lots of people want them to fix it and that it’s a really annoying bug! Include the URL to this page.

Make some noise, peeps. Together we can do this.

Love,

A Communications Graduate

Links:

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/atlassian

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/atlassian/

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Atlassian/

0 votes
Keli Atlassian Team Jan 21, 2021

Hi everyone, 

Keli here with Trello's support team–I'm so sorry for the trouble!

A persistent badge count usually signals that your Trello app's push notifications were disabled at some point so the app doesn't have the right permissions to check back in with the server to sync up.

Here's what normally kickstarts a notification sync: 

• Open the Trello app and tap 'Notifications'
  • Double-check that all notifications are marked as 'read'
  • Tap the settings cog at the top to open push notification settings
  • Un-check all notification options, tap the back button, then go back into the settings cog and check them all back on
    • Notifications already off? Go ahead and turn them back on!

We're looking into a long-term fix for this, but for now, that should get things working! If it doesn't, please reach out to our team directly at http://www.trello.com/contact and we're happy to dig in. :) 

Keli,

I appreciate the response and effort, it is nice to know that this issue is not languishing in the ether, unnoticed (ironic for a notification issue).

I also recognize the long-term fix will be the final answer, however, I will point out that this solution is similar to previous solutions proposed in the thread already. For the purpose of sound discipline and test, I attempted it three times (once as you described, once as you described but with a closing out of the app before turning all notifications back on, and finally a third time with a full deletion of the app and reboot of the phone before reinstalling and turning all notifications on). The result: I still have a small red "1" in my top right corner.

The human brain, being the great compensator that it is, is already starting to make me not see the notification badge, due to how long it has been there.

I will reach out directly too, as you requested, but there are others who may try this and think it is just them struggling, so wanted to provide collective feedback

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

807 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you