Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS notifications won’t go away!

Sophie Brodie August 14, 2020

I’m using the Trello app on iOS and keep checking and marking notifications as read when they come in. However, the little “1” in a red circle WILL NOT go away from the Trello app on my home screen. I’ve tried clearing notifs multiple times, going into every single card to make sure I’m not missing something, logging out and back in, deleting and reinstalling the app. I just can’t get it to go away. Does anyone know what to do?

12 answers

9 votes
mraybin January 1, 2021

Only thing that worked for me was going to account > logout.  Then logged back in.  Persistent notifications disappeared.  Didn’t have to uninstall or mess with cache or notification settings.

Jeffrey Karl January 7, 2021

This worked for me.

Ransey Joiner January 7, 2021

[Deleted]

Danie Marais December 1, 2021

Worked for me too!

Martina Tamvakou February 13, 2022

Worked for me too!

Keith Maloney January 23, 2023

Worked for me as well. 

Linda July 5, 2023

oh yay! worked for me too. this has been driving me crazy. thank you @mraybin 

5 votes
Andrew Aitken September 8, 2020

I have exactly the same problem! Looking forward to seeing an answer. 

3 votes
Ryan L October 19, 2022

2 years later and I’m still having the same issue. Logging out and then back in on the app does clear the notification, but the next time I get a new notification I’m unable to clear it. So I log out then back in and repeat the process. Would love to see a permanent fix for this. I’m on the iPhone app and have tried all the other suggestions above. 

Jessica Ferguson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

This is a still a constant issue for me four years later.

3 votes
Andyogw September 12, 2020

Similar to Andrew and Sophie, I have a badge notification that shows '2' despite having to have viewed all notifications. Though the issue if small, I hope there will be a solution for it soon! :)

1 vote
Lisa Dilling November 23, 2020

The above did not work for me. If I turn off badges or turn off all notifications it does go away but there are no notifications in my notification window so I’m not sure where the “1” badge is even coming from. Does anything else in Trello generate those number badges?

1 vote
Ransey Joiner November 7, 2020

[Deleted]

Agree! It defeats the purpose of notifications. 

0 votes
Alexa Jutila February 16, 2024

Hi! I have this problem off and on. Sometimes it goes away on it's own, sometimes it doesn't. One thing I figured out this morning is that I had an unread notification on my work account. I'm logged in on both in the app and switch back and forth, but I rarely actually switch because I'm a board member on my personal account too. I figured it out when I tried logging out and logging back in. Since I was still signed in on my work account, it just defaulted me over to that instead of logging me out completely, and I noticed the unread notification. I'm not sure if you use two accounts but might be worth going to settings and selecting "Switch Account"! Hope that works for you!!!

0 votes
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hi everyone, 

Keli here with Trello's support team–I'm so sorry for the trouble!

A persistent badge count usually signals that your Trello app's push notifications were disabled at some point so the app doesn't have the right permissions to check back in with the server to sync up.

Here's what normally kickstarts a notification sync: 

• Open the Trello app and tap 'Notifications'
  • Double-check that all notifications are marked as 'read'
  • Tap the settings cog at the top to open push notification settings
  • Un-check all notification options, tap the back button, then go back into the settings cog and check them all back on
    • Notifications already off? Go ahead and turn them back on!

We're looking into a long-term fix for this, but for now, that should get things working! If it doesn't, please reach out to our team directly at http://www.trello.com/contact and we're happy to dig in. :) 

Joshua Foxton January 22, 2021

Keli,

I appreciate the response and effort, it is nice to know that this issue is not languishing in the ether, unnoticed (ironic for a notification issue).

I also recognize the long-term fix will be the final answer, however, I will point out that this solution is similar to previous solutions proposed in the thread already. For the purpose of sound discipline and test, I attempted it three times (once as you described, once as you described but with a closing out of the app before turning all notifications back on, and finally a third time with a full deletion of the app and reboot of the phone before reinstalling and turning all notifications on). The result: I still have a small red "1" in my top right corner.

The human brain, being the great compensator that it is, is already starting to make me not see the notification badge, due to how long it has been there.

I will reach out directly too, as you requested, but there are others who may try this and think it is just them struggling, so wanted to provide collective feedback

Like Erin M likes this
Erin M November 8, 2022

Well put. I have also been missing actual notifications due to this problem. These numbers have become screen furniture. It defeats the purpose of them entirely if we can’t rely on them to behave the way they are meant to at least 99% of the time. It should be a priority issue.

Like Joshua Foxton likes this
MSmaug
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024

2024 and this issue still hasn’t been fixed (4 years!)

I understand that this is a minor bug with a temporary fix, but it’s still extremely annoying as I like to be on top of my notifications at all times.

0 votes
Ransey Joiner November 23, 2020

[Deleted]

0 votes
Stuart Mangles September 17, 2020

I had the same problem and cleared it by going into the main iOS settings > notifications and turned off all notifications for trello.  I then deleted and reinstalled trello on my iOS device and turned settings back on. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Andyogw September 17, 2020

This works!! Thanks Stuart

Ransey Joiner November 7, 2020

[Deleted]

Like Joshua Foxton likes this
Joshua Foxton November 13, 2020

Did not work for me either. Even added in a full reboot of the phone after deleting the app and before re-installing. No joy

Like Ransey Joiner likes this
0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2020

Hi Sophie,

we are currently investigating that issue on our end. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Is there any resolution? I have same problem on iOS device. Number 1 that will not go away 

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2020

Hi @Sophie Brodie ,

Welcome to the community!

I think there might be a problem with your device. You can try with a pc/mac browser to check if you are missing any notification or not.

You can also ask trello support here

Ransey Joiner November 23, 2020

[Deleted]

Arman S July 1, 2022

Deleting the app and reinstalling doest work, 

But Signing Out and in DID work.

to : Atlassian 

Please kindly solve this bug in ur next update.

Ciao

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events