Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can´t find the loop error on the rule

Principal April 6, 2021

Hello, i am trying to generate this rule.
its doing everything well but it is showing a lot of errors and warning, could you please give me a hand?Captura.PNGImagen1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

My guess is that you have another rule that adds the label that triggers this rule? That's what'd be causing the looping.

Principal April 8, 2021

I only hve 2 rules, an the other one its about when it has a green label, do you think it could be making any conflict? (also no board or card buttons activated now)imagen_2021-04-08_144311.png

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Oh okay I think what's actually happening, is that the "convert all the items in checklist 'Procesos' into linked cards copying labels" is triggering the same rule again, which is what causes the errors.

Basically when the rule executes, it'll add the label to each card created from a check item, which in turn triggers the "when the sky 'AUTO ...' [...]" rule again, which will get caught by loop detection. 

I'm not actually sure what the best fix for this would be. You could try and change the action to convert the cards in another list (so they are not in the "AUTO>> GENERATE" list) but I'm not 100% sure that will fix the problem - you may still get errors.

Removing the "copying labels" would fix it.

Principal April 8, 2021

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME!!! i just removed "copying labels" and error totally fixed, thanks a lot and i will happy to come back to you again!!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events