Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to change my e-mail in Atlassian. been trying for months

May Lisbeth M. Myrvang January 5, 2021

Why why why will it not change?

I have a work mail that will stop working in few weeks, so I have been trying to change my e-mail severals times, it just will not change. It is so confusing. This is the only place I have ever had this problem. Even if I am invited in a trelloboard with my new e-mail. It still wants me to login with my old. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
btw it is not just me that have this issue. So we are now discussing if we should use another program instead. Hope soneone can help. Thanks:)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @May Lisbeth M. Myrvang ,

Welcome to the community! Happy New Year!

Please read & follow these documentations https://help.trello.com/article/773-changing-account-credentials

https://help.trello.com/article/1240-correcting-your-email-on-trello-and-atlassian-accounts

If you need any further help comment below!

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Happy new year.

And thanks for the links. But no, did not work. I even deleted my old account now, but it still wants me to log in to that old e-mail. when I check the atlassian profile details, it shows my new e-mail. But when I try to log in to Trello or when I try to click on the invitation link from my college- which is sent to my new e-mail, it STILL wants me to log in to my old e-mail..... OMG so confusing

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Michael Pryor January 5, 2021

You have two accounts.  One, let's call it account A tied to your old email.  Another account B, tied to your new email.  If you are trying to access boards and it is giving you an error, it is likely because the boards are still tied to Account A (even if you deleted Account A).

I would have the admin of the board (from your colleague) go into the board, and select the invite button at the top of the board - but don't have them add you.  It will say "create link" which allows anyone with the link to add themselves to the board.  Have them give you THAT link, and then follow that link and add yourself to the board.

May Lisbeth M. Myrvang January 6, 2021

Hi Michael... just tried that now..... and.....

YES!!! it works jippii!! Finally. So there was an easy way, omg this has been so frustrating. Thanks!:)

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Can you try to delete cache and cookies in your browser, then go to id.atlassian.com and log in with your NEW email, and then visit trello.com (Don't use the links in emails)?

hi and thanks for answering.
I have deleted all cache etc, I also tried in a incognito-window, I can log in to id.atlassian and trello, but I cannot open the boards from my job. Then I get a failure from Atlassian, telling me I have to log in with my old e-mail...... it is just so confusing.... 
The invitation is as told, sent to my new e-mail.... 
My collegue has the same problem. He has given up trying to use the work-mail, and only use his private e-mail. He is a senior developer...... so no digital-retard... 
There must be a way....???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events