how to i create a task that repeats after completion

debra duncan October 16, 2021

I see that we can create a rule that does this but how do i apply the rule to certain cards and not all cards? With the buttons, I don't see a trigger that gives me the option to create a trigger - "after moved to completed, move card to tasks and due date to seven days after completion. thanks for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

Card buttons function in a way so that the trigger is when you select the button. So the idea would be that you would move a card to the "Complete" list, select the button, and then the action would be applied.

You might be able to achieve this using rules so you don't have to manually trigger the automation through a button. 

|  how do i apply the rule to certain cards and not all cards?

How do you differentiate these cards from the rest? You would need some sort of condition in your rule so that the automation only applies to the cards you want, so it would be helpful if you could clarify how these cards are different from the rest.

0 votes
Dryskin aroundnose October 16, 2021

I do use this functionality as well and it always generates a new task with old information in the backlog. Any way to make it so the recurring task is empty ?

Thanks,

Regards

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

The action wouldn't be to copy the card, but instead, create a new card with the relevant information you need. You can use variables to copy information from the original card into the new card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events