Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

how to i create a task that repeats after completion

I see that we can create a rule that does this but how do i apply the rule to certain cards and not all cards? With the buttons, I don't see a trigger that gives me the option to create a trigger - "after moved to completed, move card to tasks and due date to seven days after completion. thanks for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 17, 2021

Card buttons function in a way so that the trigger is when you select the button. So the idea would be that you would move a card to the "Complete" list, select the button, and then the action would be applied.

You might be able to achieve this using rules so you don't have to manually trigger the automation through a button. 

|  how do i apply the rule to certain cards and not all cards?

How do you differentiate these cards from the rest? You would need some sort of condition in your rule so that the automation only applies to the cards you want, so it would be helpful if you could clarify how these cards are different from the rest.

I do use this functionality as well and it always generates a new task with old information in the backlog. Any way to make it so the recurring task is empty ?

Thanks,

Regards

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 17, 2021

The action wouldn't be to copy the card, but instead, create a new card with the relevant information you need. You can use variables to copy information from the original card into the new card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,396 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you