It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to delete attachments and whole description with trello butler?

Hi,

sorry but I cannot find the possibility delete/remove attachments and whole descriptions from cards that are emailes into trello?

Isn't that possible?

THANK YOU

3 answers

Hi 

Try this

when a card is emailed into the board, set the card's description to "null"

Unfortunately, 

Variables {attachmentlink} the link to attachment is available only in commands with triggers such as  

when an attachment is added to a card

But with gmail or outlook trello add on, the attachments can be discarded. 

Sorry, that is not working. I am using it like that:

when the description of a card contains "${*}", rename the card to "{wildcard1}", set the card's description to "null", post comment "Erst-Email gesendet am {date}", and set due in 2 days at 8:30 am

But with that, decription is not ermpty - now it say the word "null", so it just replaced.

What did I wrong?

And do you have links how to discard images and attachments via gmail? Should I send it to gmail and automatically forward it to trello?

Thank you

Ah ok, i see how to forward without attachments. How do I get rif of the images?

It is very unconvenient, if every card emailed to trello shows my Logo as attachment in preview.

1. Description : try by replacing "null" by "   " or a variable which is empty {wildcard2}
  2. Add-on : after add-on is loaded, you have a shortcut available on the right panel of gmail account.

add on.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you