how do i convert a guest to a member in trello?

Diversity Equity Inclusion May 26, 2022

have 2 members who inadvertently are classified as guests. how do I correct so those 2 guests are actual members?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2022

Hi @Diversity Equity Inclusion ! As Brittany mentioned, if these guests have access to more than one board, they get billed the same as a workspace member. However, if you want to make these users workspace members so that they have access to the workspace and can see all boards within that workspace, you'll need to change them from guests to workspace members. You can do this by going to your workspace settings and navigating to "Guests". Here you'll see all your multi-board guests that are billed, as well as your free single-board guests. From there you can turn these guests into workspace members as shown below:

add guest as ws member.PNG

Also, see https://help.trello.com/article/715-inviting-people-to-a-workspace "Converting a board Guest to a Workspace member"

Diversity Equity Inclusion June 2, 2022

We have the free version. does this information still apply? thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

@Diversity Equity Inclusion Yes! Still applies :) you just won't be charged for these members that's all. 

Diversity Equity Inclusion June 6, 2022

thank you for response; i do not have the same menu as in your illustration. (and appreciate the illustration because makes so obvious)  so how do i access "members menu?"

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2022

@Diversity Equity Inclusion have a look at the guide I linked in my first response. You can find members in the Workspace Overview. Or go to https://trello.com/{workspacename}/members

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

@Diversity Equity Inclusion welcome to the community! my understanding is that as soon as they are part of more than one board they will become members of that workspace and not just guests. I don't think guests is a "role" so much as a non-billable account. Ie, with trello standard and premium workspaces, you're allowed as many single board guests as you want (ie, users that are only on one board in your workspace), but as soon as they join more than one board, they are no longer guests but become members and you have to pay for them each month.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events