Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i make a task visible only to the team/board member it is assigned to?

brootz December 2, 2020

Hi everyone,

If i have a board that is connected to a team of 2 people, and i want each person to only see his own tasks (the tasks which he is assigned to) and to not have access to the other person's tasks on the same board, how can i do that?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

No, you cannot do this in Trello.  A board is a place for shared perspective so you cannot have cards on the same board but only visible to one group on the board.

You would need to make two boards.

Your employees could *filter* the board so they can only see their own cards though. The keyboard shortcut 'q' will do this.

Also, they could use this link: https://help.trello.com/article/819-viewing-all-of-your-cards

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @brootz ,

Welcome to the community!

If they both are in teams you can't do that! If using a free plan the remove both of them from the team and add them individually to their specific board then you won't be able to see each other assigned boards!

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

I think you might have misread the question - the OP states that they are on the same board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events