how can i can create a rule with multiple condition in the description field?

Jennifer Perez March 8, 2023

Hello, 

i'm new with automation and trello dashboard - i'm trying to understand if i can create a rule with 2 conditions within the description field. I'm using bluecat forms when submitted they are send to my trello dashboard. 

i made a rule to move a card A to B if in the description there is the word "evaluation". i made also a rule to get an email if there is a card in B

i made a second rule to move A to C if in the description there is the word "name". i made also a rule to get an email if there is a card in C

the problem i have if when there is the word "name" the word evaluation is also in the desciption so it moves the card A to B then to C. Which would be fine if i wouldn't received 2 emails one to inform me there is a card in B and another email to tell me there another in C. would it be possible to create a rule to move A to be if there is the word evaluation and if there is not the word name?

i hope my request is clear and make sense for you

thank you

Jen  

1 answer

1 vote
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2023

You can stack filters (the funnel button next to 'cards').

In the same way that you added a filter for the trigger to only work on cards who's description contain the word "evaluation". You can just click the funnel button again and add a filter for descriptions that don't contain the word "name".

The rule will then only trigger if both are true.

image.png

Janice March 8, 2023

Can you possibly add a screenshot of the filter button you're referring to? I've wanted the ability to have multiple triggers for a while, but I'm poking around after reading this and I can't figure out how you made that work.

Ty!

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2023

Its a single trigger, but with additional (stackable) conditions. 

Its the Funnel icon, its only visible when you're selecting the trigger itself. So when the Rule triggers on a Card, you can add additional conditions for it to only trigger on Cards that contain certain text, has a certain name, does not have a certain label, etc.

Once you've selected the trigger, you can't edit the conditions configuration, without removing the trigger and redoing things. (though you can change the text fields, such as what text the description must contain for the trigger to run, etc.

image.png

Like Janice likes this
Janice March 10, 2023

Ah ha! I see it now, thank you! That solves some of our primary gaps we were running into with utilizing rules

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events