Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I set a password on a single card?

Sasan Yazdi December 17, 2020

Hi Everyone.

I want to insert some card in a list and set a security code for each card to limit member of board .

In order to further explain I can say that we send a security code to our customers for make a safe way to deliver their orders to them self. our couriers doesn't know this code and we want to ask them to receive this code from the customer and use this to open customer card on trello and check the delivered check box on card.

4 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Sasan Yazdi ,

You can create 2 boards

1board - named whatever you like

add the user you want to work with after the work done, remove the user from the board and move all the cards to 2nd board

2board -  named archived

start a new work with the new user on board 1 and then repeat!

You can apply privacy on boards but can't apply on cards!

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Sasan Yazdi 

I think I understand what you want to do, but because you don't make a different approach, one board per dealer and you only assign the cards of the customers to whom you have to deliver, so you separate the information by dealer.

It is an idea that may be able to help you

Regards

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

@Sasan Yazdi i suggested this scheme for a client. When order is confirmed, have the system share the card ID with the customer. Customer or courier will use this on simple form to retrieve the order data. The use of card ID will allow you to use the Trello API to do a client.get_card(card_id). This means customer need not be a member on the board because in Trello it would mean customer get to see other information on the board. If you use the short id, you would probably have a lookup table to get the card id. 

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2020

Hi @Sasan Yazdi ,

Welcome to the community!

Well, I don't think you can set a password on a card!

Sasan Yazdi December 17, 2020

thanks for reply. do you have any other idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events