Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how can I change colours of cards on timeline view in Trello

I want to be able to theme by colour codes as i can on a normal board how do i get these visible in the timeline view  ? Thank you ..

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton Community Leader Mar 23, 2021

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately the timeline view on Trello doesn't offer this feature at the moment. The only additional information you can see with this view is the team members assigned to the card. Take a look here: Trello Timeline View Guide 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help! I'm more than happy to help if you have any more questions 😊

All the best,

Laura

Laura, I know this is recent but is this stull a feature that is unavailable? 

Laura Holton Community Leader Jun 04, 2021

Hi @Aldus Simmons 👋

It is indeed though stay tuned as Trello release updates all the time! If I spot any changes I'll drop you a message here 😃

Have a great day!

The timeline view is the only reason I upgraded, being a very visual person I NEED the color-changing ability on the timeline.

PLEASE... when will this be active?

Like Adam likes this

Same here, really need more visual aids for the timeline view. Color options would be an excellent start 😊

Like # people like this

Same here. We would also love to manually add some colour to the timeline. It would be nice if you could use the label colour also.

Like Adam likes this
Adam I'm New Here Aug 12, 2021

Agreed, Colour is so helpful in timeline view. It would speed up efficiency when planning and ammending timelines

Yessss Pleeeeeze!

I am a content writer with ADHD and cannot function without colors, shapes, images, etc. When my clients are staring at me, I can prioritize more effectively.

Having images of them with color-coded borders gives me the flexibility of using their headshot or their color for all of the assets I create.

The board view (below) works great for me, but the timeline view (below) is a meaningless set of dots and dashes. BUT I need this view to see the distribution of my deadlines so I don't over-commit.

It would be a great start to allow stickers and/or let us toggle labels on and off - maybe that is a less complex update than adding characteristics specifically for timeline view.

Thanks!!

Trello Request Color Coding on Timeline 1.pngTrello Request Color Coding on Timeline 2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,632 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you