Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help question (edited)

Bella Allen December 1, 2020

Edit: apparently we have figured this out. It seems like some of my users when they want to make boards for just their dept. (boards only for marketing for example), they seem to be put into the position of making them like it's a whole new company. My opinion is that our users should not be accidentally made to make these boards outside of our organization, it is way too confusing. When they do this, trello thinks they have made a new company that does not have business class. So I am working with them to fix this. Not sure if the boards can be copied over to where they belong. But this has been happening to multiple users.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Hi, I am the Trello co-founder so yes, there is someone running Trello.  We do exist.

For fixing your problem, I have a hunch that the boards you are having trouble with are NOT part of the Team that has Business Class.

The way Business Class works is that it is a subscription on the Team in Trello.  The Team is actually a container that holds all your boards.  You can however currently have boards that are in different Teams and boards that are in no Teams.   A couple of changes are coming to make this easier in the future.

1. We are renaming Teams to Workspaces, and updating the UI so it's clearer where your board is.  In the future Workspaces will collect all your people and boards together so it's much less likely you will run into this problem.

2. Every board will be part of a Workspace and only one Workspace (to help 1. make more sense).

This will guide you on how to move the boards that don't currently have the features you are looking for:

https://help.trello.com/article/772-associating-a-board-with-a-team

As far as not getting an answer, can you share any ticket numbers you received? We don't have an email address or a phone.  Also, as far as I'm aware we don't have any chat (we did have a robot thing on the support site that looked like chat, but we removed it because it confused people into thinking it was an actual chat and not an auto reply robot).  

Bella Allen December 1, 2020

Thank you. I am happy to discuss this with you directly. I would share the help ticket numbers, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I have edited my initial outreach above. 

In terms of the email address and phone, I was given a phone number for Trello (by someone at Atlassian), but I was told it was for billing issues. Since the messages we were getting were related to billing (asking us to upgrade) I was thinking that they may be able to help, they could not. In terms of emailing, there were lots of emails between myself and Atlassian support teams--I needed their direct email address to send videos of the errors. 

I think the issue that I mentioned here (boards asking us to upgrade to business class, when we have business class) is now worked out (yes you correctly figured out that they were part of another team--it was not my board and I was not on it at the time, so I did not know this), but I have other areas of concern as well.

I think what my users were trying to do with "teams", we can just make a collection within our own organization. I think some of us were trying to use "teams" as a way to gather boards and it was basically making new orgs, which was causing errors with features that we cannot access. 

My technical questions have changed (as I am getting different tech issues from different users on my team) since my initial help tickets and I have basically, with your help, probably figured out most of them. It is difficult for me to tech support this product remotely, but I think I have it under control for now. And it sounds like you are making some changes to prevent this issues in the future. One of my co-workers reached out to trello as well today, which I did not know about, and she received a helpful answer right away. Thank you for your help with this.   

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  Makes sense.  I agree that we (Trello) could do a better job making this simpler and we intend to do so.  Thanks for your patience and if you have any issues, just @ mention me here and I will see it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events