• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

email to board invalid address Edited

I am new to Trello and have set up a private board.  I followed instructions for capturing the email-to-board address and sent it to myself so I could save it in my contacts (Outlook) for ease of future card capture.

However, when I emailed to the address I got an auto reply in my inbox with the following message:  The Trello email address you attempted to email XXX is invalid".

Any ideas please?

1 answer

0 votes

Can you do the following:

1) check that the address you are sending to is still the one listed in Trello: https://help.trello.com/article/809-creating-cards-by-email

There is a way to reset that email in case it gets lost or into a spam account - so maybe you hit the button to reset it.

2) Maybe the mail server you have set up doesn't like the + sign in the email address?  It's a valid email address though so I'm not sure which mail client or mail server would behave that way.

3) We had a brief outage today - maybe it was related?

thanks for your reply, however:

1. the email address was copied correctly (I used the function on the board to send it to my email account precisely so I captured it correctly)

2. my email ( via Outlook) to the Trello address definitely went.  It's been rejected by Trello so not sure how spam would feature as the issue...?

3.  Just to be absolutely sure (noting the outage issue) I have just tried to email once again using a copy and paste of the address from the board but once more got the same "invalid" message.

still stuck therefore...  :-( 

Can you paste the actual contents of the "invalid" message you receive back from the Trello mail servers?  I want to make sure I have 100% of the contents (besides any private info like the actual email address)

Hello,

The Trello email address you attempted to email, " xxxxxxx"@boards.trello.com, is invalid. If you were attempting to send an email to a board, you can get its email address by going to Email Settings under the sidebar menu on that board. If you were attempting to send an email to a specific card, please verify the email address for that card.

For more information on sending cards to your board via email, please visit our help page.

Thank you. My apologies. I think to get at what is going on we will need you to contact us directly via trello.com/contact so we can get the actual board and email address and Look at the logs. 

thanks, contact submitted, Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

759 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you