It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

editing team member names in Trello Edited

Does anyone have an answer to this question?

How do I go back and edit team member names in Trello?

First of all, I am new to Trello. I didn't realize it at the time but when I was creating teams and inviting team members it was putting their first and last name into a single name. That is okay as long as there is only one person with their name beginning with S or only one person with their name beginning with T. Unfortunately that is just not the case.

fast forward two or three days, I now understand how it works and I want to separate their first and last names so that I can tell the difference between the 5 different S's and the 7 different T's and the 3 different M's in my member list. I mean I can tell who they are if I hover over their name, wait for 3 seconds and then do this for every duplicate letter until I find the correct one. However, this has become very laborious and time-consuming and I need to do it much quicker. That is the point of using this software, right?

It should be pretty simple. There should be an edit option when I click or hover over their name so that I can go back and change their email address if need be or separate their first and last name if it wasn't done originally. This seems like it should be a pretty no brain feature in any database application, yeah?

All Joking aside. I need to be able to do this, can anyone please tell me how to make this happen so I can move on to more important things?

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Darren,

When it comes to editing a profile in Trello, we don't have a way for admin to make this change on behalf of users in the team. More information on this process here: 
https://help.trello.com/article/728-changing-your-username.

We recommend to share the help doc linked above with your team and encourage them to update their Trello profiles. Do you think this will work in your team?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,613 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you