Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

due date sequence

Sagar May 11, 2021

Hello All,

I have a product backlog for 10 cards where i am putting a due date on each card in sequence from first to last. Here in my case the development happens sequentially and hence the due dates are aligned for all the 10 cards in sequence. for example 1st card due on 30 May 2021 and 2nd card Due on 30 June 2021.

If my first delivery get delayed, can i automate the shifting of due dates accordingly in sequence. Here in the example the delivery gets delayed by 15 days and 1st card due date is updated to 15 June 2021, is it possible that my 2nd card's due date gets updated automatically to 15 July 2021.

Also, if i shift priorities 3rd card to 2nd, can i make it automated that due dates gets align accordingly.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hey Sagar,

There is some automation you can do here with the built-in Butler functionality (Menu > Butler).

If you want, when you update a Due Date on a card, you can have the other cards due dates update automatically, but there is one caveat. The only cascade action that I can find that might work for you is by attachment. If you link all the cards that you want to update Attachment > Trello, you can add this as a cascade action and then add the action that you want.

An example of the Butler rule that could work for you might be...

Trigger

• When a due date is moved in a card

Actions

• [Cascade] for each card linked in the attachments
  • [Dates] move the due date by the same amount of time

The only thing I can't think how to do is the priority shift due date update.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Sagar 👋

Welcome to the Community! This sounds like a potential job for Trello's automation Power-Up Butler - if you haven't taken a look at this yet then I would recommend doing so. 

You are able to set custom rules and triggers as per dates and actions on your Trello cards, however, you may find there are some limitations with it being a more complex task but worth a look. 

Let me know how you get on and if I can help any further 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events