Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does trello store backups / backup often?, or do we have to do these manually ourselves regularly?

karen.bartlett August 25, 2020

Hi

We regularly perform a 'trello export' in order to back up our trello boards, but we are unsure if this is necessary.
Does trello perform a regular backup?, and if so how often please?
i.e. if we had an issue where we couldn't get back into a board for example would we be able to contact you and get that information?

Thank you
Kaz​

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

@karen.bartlett Trello has lots of redundancy in their systems that prevent data loss due to a system failure, but if you can't get access to a board because of a problem with your account, or because someone on your team deleted it, then there's no backup, you would need to have an external backup to protect against those sorts of problems.

karen.bartlett August 27, 2020

@Iain Dooley Thanks so much for replying swiftly Iain, that does help us with what we need to do going forward.

Kind regards

Dasha Shakov April 29, 2021

Hey @karen.bartlett

To protect your organization from data loss in Trello (typically caused by human error) you can use the Backups for Trello Power-Up, available in the Power-Up marketplace. 

In the case of a data disaster, you'd be able to use Backups for Trello to swiftly restore your boards back to the way they were.

0 votes
Valeriia Sitolenko November 29, 2023

Hey @karen.bartlett  

I want to reach out and share that FluentPro, the company I represent, offers a Trello backup and restore solution that might interest you. FluentPro Backup allows you to:

• schedule automated continuous backups that save data whenever changes are made
  • back up all or specific Trello data
  • automatically restore lost/damaged data from point-in-time version
  • reduce data loss risks and other damages related to human errors

This article on how to back up Trello data provides more info about FluentPro's solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events