Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying text from PDF's

Barry Robertson March 20, 2022

Has there been a change to text that cannot be copied out of a PDF? All text comes out without spaces and no special characters. I see that the highlight colour has changed to bright blue - so assume there has been some update in the background. 

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Hey @Barry Robertson - I don't believe we've made any changes + I'm having no problems copying text from PDFs I have attached. 

I recommend when you do copy text from PDFs that you then paste with Shift + Ctrl + V (not just Ctrl + V), this will wipe any special formatting from the PDF. 

Barry Robertson March 22, 2022

Thanks for your response - but that doesn't work either? I am a mac user and when I select the text in the PDF preview on Trelow. it struggles to select accurately and consistently misses the last few lines. There has definitely been a change as the highlight colour is new as well as the interaction of how text is actually highlighted - can you help?

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Hey @Barry Robertson - I've raised a ticket on your behalf with Trello Support. Its key is TRELLO-111447. We'll need more private info to be able to investigate, so please check your email for this ticket and next steps. 

Barry Robertson March 22, 2022

Thanks Alex - but I tried that? The way the text is highlighting is different - I wonder if that a MacOS thing? Been working perfectly for years though...

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

@Barry Robertson as I said, a ticket has been raised for you in the Trello Support portal, you should've received an email about it. Please await a response on this ticket. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events