converting checklist item to a card an link together automatically

Veith Del October 8, 2021

Hi guys,

When I convert an item from a checklist to a card I want that the old and new card are linked together. For me, the following automation seems what I want to do but it doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution to do this?

Automation I tried:

"when an item is removed from a checklist by anyone, convert the item to a linked card"

It's not doing what I want and also I have no clue what it does instead :/

Thanks for every answere

2 answers

0 votes
Veith Del October 11, 2021

@Iain Dooley thanks for your answers! But..

Is there no automation solution for "convert to card" from a checklist item and link this new card automatically to the card where I converted it from?

Thanks for helping!

Veith Del October 11, 2021

Task_on__Sketch__Personal_Kanban_Board___Trello.jpg

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

@Veith Del Yep there is, you can create the command:

when an item is removed from a checklist, add item "{checklistitemname}" to checklist "{checklistname}", and convert the item to a linked card

Look for "convert the item to a linked card" under the "cascade" tab

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

@Veith Del the problem is that the item is already removed, so it can't be converted to a linked item.

You should still have access to the checklist item name as a variable though so perhaps your automation could immediately add a new checklist item with the same name then convert that to a linked card:

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events