Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect Trello board to Toggl project or tag

DMB December 15, 2020

It's fantastic to be able to start the Toggl timer right on each Trello card.

However, the Toggl timer simply shows the card title as a description, so you need to pick which Toggl project to run the card in each time.

Is there a way to link a card, board, or list to a particular Toggl project so when you hit the Trello timer button, Toggl tracks for the right project automatically?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020
DMB December 16, 2020

Thanks very much, SaM.   I'll check that out.

DMB December 16, 2020

Lots of nice Zapier tools there to connect Toggl and Trello, but none seem to do what I'm talking about, unless I'm missing something.

So Trello is organized as

Board > List > Card

And Toggl is organized as

Client > Project > Activity

When you hit the timer button on a Trello card, it starts the timer running on an activity with the activity description set equal to the name of the card.

What would be ideal would be:

Each Trello list can be associated with a Toggl project, so that when you start the Toggl timer on a Trello card, the Toggl timer starts running with the Toggl project matching the Trello list

So

{List, Card} would map to {Project, Activity}

Like Amanda Jackson likes this
Amanda Jackson September 6, 2022

I agree, it's a really frustrating integration. Does anyone use an alternative to Toggl which works as DMB suggested?

Amanda Jackson September 6, 2022

OK, I've just had a look around... it seems that TimeCamp does exactly what is needed. It creates a time record with the board name, the list name and the card name. Perfect!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events