Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

connect Trello board to Toggl project or tag

It's fantastic to be able to start the Toggl timer right on each Trello card.

However, the Toggl timer simply shows the card title as a description, so you need to pick which Toggl project to run the card in each time.

Is there a way to link a card, board, or list to a particular Toggl project so when you hit the Trello timer button, Toggl tracks for the right project automatically?

Thanks

1 answer

Thanks very much, SaM.   I'll check that out.

Lots of nice Zapier tools there to connect Toggl and Trello, but none seem to do what I'm talking about, unless I'm missing something.

So Trello is organized as

Board > List > Card

And Toggl is organized as

Client > Project > Activity

When you hit the timer button on a Trello card, it starts the timer running on an activity with the activity description set equal to the name of the card.

What would be ideal would be:

Each Trello list can be associated with a Toggl project, so that when you start the Toggl timer on a Trello card, the Toggl timer starts running with the Toggl project matching the Trello list

So

{List, Card} would map to {Project, Activity}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

254 views 12 11
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you