cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collaborators

arysieh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

hello, I am still a little bit confused about this new policy Trello is adding regarding the collaborator limit so I just want to ask if this hypothetical scenario is plausible:

If I have a board with maybe 30 people on ONE board in a workspace with one workspace member and the other 29 members are workspace guests, will I still be charged?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2024

Hi @arysieh 

Single-board guests are not billed. So if those 29 users are that type of guest, then you should be fine.

See this help page for more information:

Guest types and cost

While all guests are free on free Workspace boards, guests on Premium and Standard Workspace boards can incur an additional charge.

• Free guest: A person is is invited to a single board in a Workspace is a single-board guest. This user is not billable.

• Billable guest: A board member who is on two or more Standard or Premium Workspace boards is a multi-board guest of that Workspace. Multi-board guests are billed at the same rate as a normal Workspace member and consume a seat license.

---

You can check what each member is classed as from your Workspace Settings:

1. Go to your Trello hompage
  2. On the left-hand side, open up the Trello settings options for your Workspace (the "v" button)
  3. Select Members
  4. View members here, and Guests - which are split into single-board and multi-board

---

You should also be able to see an estimated cost for your instance from within Workspace Settings:

1. Go to your Trello hompage
  2. On the left-hand side, open up the Trello settings options for your Workspace (the "v" button)
  3. Select Settings
  4. Next, on the left-hand side select Workspace settings > Upgrade workspace
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the price list to see estimated pricing

---

Let us know if this helps :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events