cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collaborators

arysieh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

hello, I am still a little bit confused about this new policy Trello is adding regarding the collaborator limit so I just want to ask if this hypothetical scenario is plausible:

If I have a board with maybe 30 people on ONE board in a workspace with one workspace member and the other 29 members are workspace guests, will I still be charged?

1 answer

1 vote
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2024

Hi @arysieh 

Single-board guests are not billed. So if those 29 users are that type of guest, then you should be fine.

See this help page for more information:

Guest types and cost

While all guests are free on free Workspace boards, guests on Premium and Standard Workspace boards can incur an additional charge.

• Free guest: A person is is invited to a single board in a Workspace is a single-board guest. This user is not billable.

• Billable guest: A board member who is on two or more Standard or Premium Workspace boards is a multi-board guest of that Workspace. Multi-board guests are billed at the same rate as a normal Workspace member and consume a seat license.

---

You can check what each member is classed as from your Workspace Settings:

1. Go to your Trello hompage
  2. On the left-hand side, open up the Trello settings options for your Workspace (the "v" button)
  3. Select Members
  4. View members here, and Guests - which are split into single-board and multi-board

---

You should also be able to see an estimated cost for your instance from within Workspace Settings:

1. Go to your Trello hompage
  2. On the left-hand side, open up the Trello settings options for your Workspace (the "v" button)
  3. Select Settings
  4. Next, on the left-hand side select Workspace settings > Upgrade workspace
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the price list to see estimated pricing

---

Let us know if this helps :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events