Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checklist commands - are there any?

Kevin February 16, 2020

In a long checklist, I'd like to highlight, but not edit, an item, and hit a key that would insert a new item just after the highlighted one.

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2020

Hi @Kevin 

Welcome to the Community!

I've just spent a good hour searching around in my Google-Fu and my Trello checklists, and I can't find anything or any way to add an item in the middle of a checklist.

I know that your question is a little old, but I thought that I would try!

Did you ever make it work? If so, I'd love to know how!

Esme :)

Kevin March 30, 2020

Thank you so much for the time you've invested in seeking an answer for me. I truly appreciate it!

No, I haven't come up with any solutions. What I'm finding is that checklists are exactly what I need, as I'm in need of an ordered list for my work activities. And you can move an item that just entered the list at the bottom, by drag and drop, and that keeps my list in priority. But when you have a cell phone listing and the top of the list is out of sight - up several screens, and you can't remember what list you're actually working with, it would be handy to be able to put new entrants EXACTLY where you wanted them to begin with. It's an extra step, otherwise.

The mobile version has a number of adaptations that the desktop version does not. And mobile is what I use, mostly. I like being able to roll up each list to a single title. I can approach this on the desktop by "marking done" many of the items in a checklist, and then selecting "Do not show completed items", but it's a kludge. And then there's the times that you want to roll up a list on the desktop - it's in the way(!) - but if you resort to this method, you may have just eliminated the only link you have to what has yet to be done! And that's freightening.

And then there's the 'delete action' on a list item. There's no recourse once you've deleted it. On my cell I accidentally deleted something. All I could say, "Well I hope it wasn't important!!!" Yikes - that needs to be changed. Why can't deleted list items be archived? Lists seem to have gotten the short end of the functionality curve.

I still use Trello. I just wish...

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2020

Hi @Kevin 

Thank you for your reply!

Have you thought about splitting the checklist up?

For example, I have a kitchen cleaning card, on that card I have multiple checklists that I've split into 'zones'

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 11.14.16.png

If I had this as one checklist it would look massive, so I've chunked it. Would something like this be more manageable?

I don't know if you've got multiple checklists already, so please let me know and I'll come up with something else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events