Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card level permissions

Jassim Alhaider March 22, 2020

I am trying to find a way so that every member can have access or can only see the card\s related to his job or task but he will not be able to see other cards or even lists on the board. 

3 answers

0 votes
Jassim Alhaider March 22, 2020

@Iain Dooley  In my case, there will be tasks assigned per member within the board. There will be more than 15 members and about 45 different cards (tasks) for the same project. So what I need is that each member will only be allowed to see the cards(tasks) assigned to him but not the other cards on that board.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2020

Hi @Jassim Alhaider ,

I am afraid you are not able to do that in Trello. Looks like for your requirements Jira Business will match your expectations way better.

Thanks and good luck!

Regards

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2020

@Jassim Alhaider okay but what are the consequences of people seeing cards that aren't theirs? Is this simply for clarity or is there a security risk?

If it's just a matter of people being able to clearly see what they should be working on then they can just filter the board to show only cards they're assigned to:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board

The keyboard shortcut for this is "q".

If this is a security risk, then is it that the very existence of the task is a secret? Or just that some information is sensitive? Is it that you're worried about people maliciously interacting with tasks that aren't theirs?

Jassim Alhaider March 23, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Yes, it is a security risk because of the sensitive information. 

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hi @Jassim Alhaider thanks for the info.

As I said, bot possible to do that with Trello.

You might consider Jira then.

Thanks and good luck

Jassim Alhaider March 23, 2020

@Antonio Panea @Iain Dooley  So I will consider Jira then. 

Thank you very much for your support. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

@Jassim Alhaider if it's a security issue, and you want people to have a board where they see only cards assigned to them without seeing the rest of the board, you can do something like have a board for each person and a label for each username on the main board, then have an automation that creates a linked copy of the card in their personal board when their label is added to a card in the main board. I did a similar implementation for a client recently using Trellinator. For example this is the function that creates the linked card:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/c321541dae5fb58f3f82f9a57c41e9f3

Depending on your workflow you might then like to synch comments, attachments, checklist completions and so on from the person's own board back to the master. You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2020

@Jassim Alhaider Can you give us an idea of what your use case is for this? As @Antonio Panea said, access is at a board level but there is sometimes a way to achieve the outcome you need in a different way

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2020

Hi @Jassim Alhaider ,

I am afraid it is not possible to do that.

Every member in a board will be able to see everything.

Better you create different boards for that or jumping to Jira.

If you need  some consultancy you can reach me here: tonypanea@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events