card button assigning member trigger

Frankie Jones October 5, 2022

Hi!

I want to create a card button (in Butler) that copies a card in one board over to another board but I want the trigger to be when the card is assigned to a specific board member - is this possible? I can't seem to find that option when creating a new button.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

@Frankie Jones welcome to the community! So buttons are more for "manually" activating a task, whereas it sounds like what you might want is Rules, which activates based on criteria. 

For instance, you could make a rule that says when a card is assigned to x, then copy it to another board. 

If you don't want that to happen everytime a card assigned to x, you could make the rule to say something like "when a label is added to a card that is assigned to x, then copy it to another board", and then you can use the act of adding a label to manually trigger it. Let me know if that helps!

Frankie Jones October 6, 2022

Hey Brittany!

Thanks so much, that's worked. You're right, I was trying to create a card button when I should have been creating a rule :)

Many thanks!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2022

Great! Glad that worked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events