background images do not auto-rescale

Taylor Newton June 11, 2021

On the trello site, it's written that background images will automatically scale to fit the browser window. However, this does not seem to work in my chrome browser. Most of the images that are available for use are high-res, and therefore only a tiny pixelated portion of the image appears in my background. Any thoughts?  

2 answers

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for reaching out!

Adding to Vero's answer, the way Trello works with board backgrounds is admittedly a bit complicated. The part of Trello that is responsible for handling board backgrounds behaves differently depending on the size of the image you upload.

We recommend cropping and scaling your image to the exact browser dimensions that you use when you use Trello. This should ensure the best fit when using a particular board background.
To determine the image dimensions you should use, follow these steps:
  1. Set your browser window to the size you want it to be for when you use Trello. For example, if you usually use Trello full screen, make your browser window full screen.
  2. Go to http://supportdetails.com/ and note the "Browser Size" value. This represents the Width x Height you'll want to create your image.
  3. In your favorite image editing tool, crop and scale the image the match (or get close to) the browser size you noted above. It doesn't need to be an exact match.
Please let me know if this raises any additional questions.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events