Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatism - remove expiration date from the first tab

Luca Dragonslave October 25, 2021

I'm trying to create an automatism. I would like to copy a card with an expiration date and then have the expiration date removed in the first card and keep the expiration date in the copied card.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hi Luca,

To do that, you'll need to make use of Butler's Cascade actions. Specifically the one where you find the original card. You'll also want to use Butler's variables to dynamically find the original card each time it's used.

To start, you can add your action that copies the card. I'll assume you plan to create a card button for this, so it would just be the action to copy the card to the destination you want.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.10.45 PM.png

From there, you want to use the Cascade action, specifically "find the card with link". Instead of an actual card link, we can use the variable {triggercardlink} which is a placeholder for the link to the card that triggered the command. In other words, the link to the original card.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.12.49 PM.png

Now, Butler will perform any following actions on the original card it finds. So the last step is to remove the due date.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.13.20 PM.png

Once that's added, you can save your card button and try it out!

Luca Dragonslave November 8, 2021

@Garrett Thanks a lot for the answer. These days I have been busy, I have only read now. Thank you very much, that's what I was looking for :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events