Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional colors for labels

Mark Quin February 23, 2022

I know this was discussed in the past but I am wondering if anything has changed.  I would like to add additional colors for my labels.  Is it possible yet ?  the reason for this is, I organize tasks based on categories.

Our process works something like a grocery shopping list:

vegetables : green

diary products : blue

meat : red

after you've gone shopping and you moved them to a completed list, you want to return the task to the correct category list (color coding makes this process much easier)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

@Mark Quin Welcome to Trello!

You can have unlimited labels, but you can only choose from the 10 colors provided (or the "no color" option). If you need more colors and styles, the Pro for Trello Chrome Extension, lets you have some more styling customizations with labels.

Albert Grankin August 10, 2022

@Andy Gladstone 

Thanks, - this is great, but i am using Trello App on my Mac.
Also, if you're sharing your board - does everybody else have to have the same Chrome extension to see the colors you use?

1 vote
Savanna Leigh March 1, 2022

Please please add more colors. It's absurd that label colors are so limited, and frustrates me daily. I would even pay for this feature if it was available. 

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Hi Mark,

There's no way to add additional colors for labels right now.

However, based on your use-case, I think you'd really benefit from looking at Butler Automations for your Grocery Trello board.

after you've gone shopping and you moved them to a completed list, you want to return the task to the correct category list (color coding makes this process much easier)

You can create a board button that will do this in a single click or tap.

I made a small proof of concept & demo video here: https://www.loom.com/share/6a95fc62f654449e9f815d1892726cde

It's based on the label names, not the colors, so you can create labels for all the various item categories you like, even if they have overlapping label colors. You can even make the label colors all "no color" labels, which would mean they don't show up on the front of the card at all.

If you go down this route, you may want to check out the docs on Automations with Butler in Trello: https://help.trello.com/category/1134-butler

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events